Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter in santa Cruz

So I am 28 years old and this is the first Easter EVER that I have not been with my family. My mom always does a big Easter brunch at our house and the extended family comes over and the whole day is full of TRADITIONS that have been that way for as long as I have been alive. So the anticipation leading up to my first Easter away from every thing familiar was getting to me. So I decided this would be the perfect time to start some traditions of my own. Thanks to my amazing Mom who always made holidays so fun and special I really have a deep desire to do the same for my own family. So this Easter I went crazy...Easter baskets, egg dying and hunting, pictures with the Easter bunny, church breakfast, pretty new dresses the whole nine yards! Here are a few pictures of our weekend. we had a blast and even my husband (who doesn't really understand the whole big holiday tradition thing) ended the day by saying "We live a great life huh?" I smiled back and said "Yeah."
Thanks mom for teaching me the importance of family memories and holidays. I Love you!

Easter egg hunt as Santa Cruz bible
Amber found and egg too!
Caleb's family was there
face painting

Going down the BIG slide with Daddy!
Egg Dying


Babies first Easter!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Did Peyton line all those eggs up like that??

Sarah said...

Super cute! Glad you guys had a great holiday!

jes said...

Not much of a "hunt for those eggs!" but cute!!! This was my first easter away from home too.... I got together with a bunch of my new friends, all of them don't have family here, so we created our own family. We had a full on feast! Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, green bean stuff, deviled eggs, salad, tons and tons of stuff! It was awesome! I missed my family, who was grilling Carne Asada in my parents amazing backyard, but it sure wasn't a bad replacement. Cheers to new traditions!!