Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Tribute to My Mom

Today is my mom's birthday. I won't post her age on here but it is a good one and it ends in a 0 :). I stayed up all night making this video for her. The goal was to make her cry but while putting it together it made me cry! Whenever I see pictures of my childhood or think about the memories I always get choked up because I realize how very blessed I was to be born into this family. When I think of me as a little girl I get warm fuzzies. :) My childhood was just that good! Don't get me wrong we had our fair share of trials, for example I lost all four of my grandparents in the span of two years. But even during that time I have good memories because everything we did my mom was sure to make it fun! She went out of her way to make us feel safe, secure and loved! My only wish is that I will be half the mom my Mom was. I also hope that I look as good as she does when I get to her age. My mom is beautiful and anyone will say so! (Even my guy friends in highschool thought so! :) ) So this is a tribute to my mom! She deserves it for all the warm fuzzy memories our family has. I hope this video captures a glimpse of my mom's heart, because it is big! :) I love you mom!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

That was so beautiful. I'm sure your mom loved it. She sure is a special lady, and a lucky mom.

Melissa said...

Ok, you made me cry with the video and all that you wrote. That's so sweet of you to do this for your mom.

Jill said...

That was a really nice video, it seriously brought tears to my eyes and I don't even know your mom that well! Who sings that song??

Sarah said...

My Mom and I both teared up! We love you Mama Hawkins! Thanks for all the mothering you have passed down to us girls through the years too! You are wonderful!
Nice work Kendra! Love the Taylor Swift song! :)